Power napping is very beneficial for our health as it helps boost our productivity. Taking naps in between working hours makes you more energetic.
Sleep is one of the most indispensable activities for every human being. According to experts, at least 8 to 10 hours of sleep is important to stay fit and healthy. But to refresh your mind and soul you can take short naps to boost the body’s energy levels. A power nap indeed boosts the productivity of your work. There are many benefits of taking a short nap like improving concentration, improving memory, the ability to quickly learn, increasing productivity, etc.
A power nap is a very popular term but many people are not aware of napping and its effect on the body. If you are also one of them then you should first know, ‘what is a power nap‘ and how it helps increase productivity.
What is a Power Nap
A power nap is a short duration of sleep that helps in reducing stress, anxiety, and tiredness by increasing the performance of your work. Normally, the short nap varies between 10 minutes to 30 minutes, but if the time exceeds more than that, then you may have to suffer from sleepless nights. Many effective ways can make your napping period perfect so that you can enjoy the benefits of it without any problem. A power nap is the best way to make your body energetic in a short period.
How to Take a Perfect Nap
There are multiple ways to help you make your short nap perfect. Did you know that excess sleeping in the daytime or during working hours is not so good for your health? Exceeding a short nap to a long one can make you stay awake at night. Also, it brings lethargy to the body and hampers your work. Here are some guidelines for taking a perfect nap:
- Set an alarm for 20-25 minutes so that you can wake up within time.
- Sleep in the daytime instead of the evening to avoid sleepless nights.
- If you are suffering from insomnia regularly then avoid napping as it can disturb your sleep at night.
- If you are not tired then avoid daytime naps.
- Consume coffee and then take a nap so that you can wake up easily.
How Does Power Nap Increases Productivity?
A power nap is a good option for the office employees as 30-minute leisure between work increases their productivity. Long gone are the times when people were marked lazy when they took naps in the office or at workplaces. Today, the concept has changed. In Japan, it is mandatory for the employees and also the students at schools to take a 30-minute nap. This is believed to increase productivity even more. Short naps have become trendy in the office as people have accepted that after a nap, they feel more energetic and active while completing their tasks. Not only in the offices, even if you are at home then short naps have proven to be one of the best ways to get positive results.
According to the National Sleep Foundation, if a person takes a short nap of about 30 minutes then they are increasing their performance, reducing mistakes and accidents, and restoring their alertness. Along with increasing productivity, the power naps have many other benefits that have proved effective in giving better work performances.
Benefits of a Power Nap
As we already know, short naps are very helpful in increasing performance and productivity. But along with these, few other benefits also improve our health and work performance better. If you are not aware of the positive things of a power nap then check the following points to understand in a better way.
- The napping period helps in boosting the learning capacity and makes you learn things faster.
- The memorizing and ability to remember any sort of information increases.
- Less possibility of making errors in the workplace.
- Reduces stress, depression, and anxiety.
- Improves the mood from bad to good.
- Generates good and creative ideas in mind.
- Helps in calming the mind.
Factors that Affect the Power Nap
Many factors positively affect your nap. Among them, a calm mind and sleeping in a good place are the important ones. Comfortable mattresses, strong bed foundations and expensive headboards, are some basic things that are needed for a good power nap so that you can positively increase your productivity.
- A comfortable mattress is needed for good sleep so that you can get protective support on the back. A good mattress is good for your health and therefore should be firm, soft, and able to give good support to the body.
- A nice bed frame with an expensive headboard gives the feel of royalty while sleeping. The headboard is an upright panel that is placed or found behind the head of the bed where you can rest your body.It has a modern design that attracts people. The luxurious and soft upholstery gives the feeling of relaxation. It can be a good option for all bed frame sizes.
- A strong bed foundation is essential as it not only supports the mattress but also protects it from sinking and sagging. It is very convenient to use as it adequately covers the bed. A proper bed foundation is always noise-free and helps in supporting all types of mattresses.
- Apart from all these things, the other factors that affect the power nap are peace of mind, a good working place, cooperative colleagues, an eco-friendly working environment, and a comfortable place to sleep.
The Final Words
A short power nap is a good option to boost your productivity and restore energy. Taking a nap can improve your brain functions as well as balance your mood swings. Creative ideas can also be generated if you take a short nap at work. If you are new to such naps then follow all the tips and tricks that are suggested to help in boosting your energy level.